What is the Average Cost to Remodel a Master Bathroom?
Turning your dream bathroom into a reality can feel like a daunting task. If you’re considering a master bath remodel, cost is top-of-mind, right up there with bathroom inspiration and material options. As you start your project, it’s imperative to work with bathroom remodeling experts that provide expertise, product knowledge, and exciting design ideas to guide you through the process. Once you’ve identified a trustworthy partner for your project, the possibilities are endless!
The cost to remodel a master bathroom can be viewed a few different ways. Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value Report provides cost and value information on midrange bathroom remodeling projects and upscale bathroom remodeling projects. As every Pinterest browser knows, bathrooms take on all shapes, sizes, features and fixtures.
- A midrange bathroom remodeling project is an update to an existing three-fixture bathroom. In the Washington, D.C. region, this project costs $21,322 on average.
- An upscale bathroom remodeling project is an update to an existing five-fixture bathroom. In the Washington, D.C. region, this project costs $66,935 on average.
The most obvious considerations associated with calculating the average master bath renovation cost are the area and coverage of your project, the materials and fixtures chosen, and the expert team completing the work. Proper planning with a bathroom remodeling expert can prevent unexpected costs.
Master Bath Remodel Cost vs. Value
Remodeling a master bathroom can yield a significant return on investment when it comes time to sell your home, in addition to enhancing your quality of life with a relaxing oasis. In the Washington, D.C. region, homeowners can recoup an average of 65.4% of their midrange bathroom remodel cost, and an average of 55.4% of their upscale bathroom remodel cost. This data is based on true costs of remodeling projects, and compares those costs to the value they retain at resale.
Communication is key as you work with a bathroom remodeling expert to map the list of tasks and material that make up your scope of work. It’s important to look for an expert that offers a price guarantee that’s not inflated harshly and then slightly discounted. As a homeowner, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’re getting the best master bath remodel cost with unmatched expertise.
Types of Master Bathroom Renovation Costs
Let’s look more closely at the types of master bathroom remodel costs. Better understanding these types of updates can help you understand how much a master bath remodel could cost based on your design plan. These descriptions are provided by Remodeling Magazine.
- Bathroom Remodel — Mid-range: The most common updates associated with a mid-range bathroom remodel include updating an existing 5×7-foot bathroom. This project could include updates to ceramic tile, a porcelain-on-steel tub and single-lever shower control. You could include a standard white toilet, solid-surface vanity counter with integral sink, and a recessed medicine cabinet with a light. Ceramic tile floor and vinyl wallpaper may also be included in this range.
- Bathroom Remodel – Universal Design: This type of remodel often includes an update to an existing 5×7-foot space to be wheelchair-accessible, with an installation of flat-panel electrical switches at sitting level. Toilet updates could include, but aren’t limited to, an adjusted comfort height. Removing the bathtub and installing a walk-in shower with a fold-out seat may also be included. Additional updates could include lights, towel bars, new flooring, and easy-grasp handles.
- Bathroom Remodel – Upscale: This type of remodel could include the expansion of an existing 35-square-foot bathroom to 100 square feet within the existing footprint. This type of remodel often has fixtures being relocated and updated, more advanced shower features installed, and a freestanding soaking tub added. An upscale bathroom remodel could also include a stone countertop with two sinks and two mirrored cabinets with lighting and custom cabinetry.
Bathroom additions typically involve expanding the footprint of an existing bathroom. This type of project often adds extra components to your cost, including:
- Poured concrete
- Extended HVAC
- Electrical wiring to code
As you work with expert designers to capture your personal vision, you’ll begin to pick out materials for your project and an exact cost can be determined. As each piece comes together, you’ll be able to make adjustments to the tasks or materials to adjust your cost as you see fit.
How Much Should a Master Bath Remodel Cost?
A master bath remodel cost should fall at the intersection of your design plan and what you’re comfortable paying. Be prepared to share your full vision during your free estimate discussion and be willing to make changes if needed to align with your budget. Metropolitan Bath & Tile is built on a foundation of shared values with our customers. As your partner, we’ll listen to you, provide sound advice, and offer our expert guidance.
Your master bath remodel cost will likely include the following elements:
- Bathtub/Shower Updates
- Floor Updates
- Cabinetry & Storage Updates
- Safety Updates
- Lighting Updates
Work with your expert bathroom designer to incorporate the things that elevate comfort, convenience, and aesthetics. Communicate your vision and ask questions, and your dream bathroom can become a reality.
Family-Owned, Local Bathroom Remodelers for Your Next Project
How much should a master bath remodel cost? It’s not just about the cost vs. resale value. It’s about figuring out how to best make your dream oasis in your home. Look for a partner with decades of experience, quality reputation, and values. By choosing the wrong partner, your master bath remodel cost can include stretched timelines and patience, in addition to unforeseen surprises.
At Metropolitan Bath & Tile, we’ll guide you through the bathroom remodeling process with ease. We guarantee that our prices will be equal or less because of our lack of markups compared to other qualified contractors. Lean on our expertise and quality reputation for your bathroom remodel project.