How to decide on a bathroom faucet
There are many things to consider when choosing a faucet (& your matching accessories like lighting, towel bars, toilet paper dispenser). What style? Shiny or brushed? Silver or Gold?
Here’s some of the most popular finishes & considerations to mull over about each. Choose a finish that is appropriate for the style of your fixture and the person who will use it the most (you, kids or Pampered Guests).
- Polished Chrome: the most popular: flexible with different styles and least expensive
- Polished Brass: adds a rich, elegant flourish but can show water spots/fingerprints
- Brushed Nickel: softens a bathroom to make it more like the adjoining rooms, coordinates well with stone countertops. Matte finishes also don’t show water spots as easily as polished
- Polished Nickel: shiny like chrome but adds more sophistication with elegant vanities with the look of furniture
- Bronze: goes equally well with traditional and contemporary décor. It can be particularly effective for a cabin style or other rustic look, or as a neutral for traditional-style baths. Bronze itself can come in a variety of shades and can even be black like wrought iron.
- Hammered Nickel: similar to brushed nickel but with a rough, handhewn finish
- Ceramic: available in white and patterns. Consider not just how the faucet finish will look next to the backdrop of the rest of the bathroom. The colors, textures, materials. Some faucets mount on the wall so the color of the walls will definitely be more important than the color of the countertop.
Best advice yet? Get what you love but invest in quality so it lasts – how many times a day does your faucet get used? The best bathroom design is not built with compromise. Stick to your budget – but get the best you can afford! Stop by a MetroBath Showroom today in Bowie, Towson, Rockville, MD or in Annandale, VA and talk with one of our expert designers.