Bathroom Countertop Options
A Wide Array of Countertop Choices for Bathroom Remodeling
You’re going to remodel your bathroom, but what makes a good countertop choice? Waterproof , stain resistant, attractive countertop materials give you unlimited possibilities for your bathroom design. If you use heated, hair appliances you may look for heat-resistance. If it’s an area where makeup is applied, look for stain-resistance. If it’s the home’s main bathroom consider easy maintenance. Because bathroom countertops are usually not expansive like a kitchen’s they can be a nice splurge towards getting the look you want. Here’s a rundown of some modern manmade and natural finish materials:
- Laminates: vast array of color and styles like Formica®, can scratch but is the least expensive.
- Solid Surface and Composites: non-staining, easy to clean, and can be repaired. Includes Silestone®, Caesarstone®, and Corian®, cultured marble. Easily fabricated to your specifications and can feature interesting edges and built-in sinks. Stone patterns or solids are available.
- Ceramic Tile: durable and unlimited styles, colors and textures but grout can stain and sometimes has an irregular surface.
- Stone: includes granite and marble. Very popular, with organic appeal – and rich looking -but more expensive. Durable, heat resistant, range of natural colors and textures. Marble, in particular,can stain in some instances and requires sealers. Because natural stone is so hard it’s not very forgiving if you drop a glass container on it.
- Wood: soft, natural surface that looks at home in an Arts and Crafts decor but can stain, mildew and rot unless heavily prepped and finished. Mahogany, teak are tougher, more stain resistant than a typical butcher-block.
- Stainless Steel: non-staining, heat resistant, easy to clean but can dent or scratch. Great for a sleek, modern look.
- Concrete: durable, heat resistant, can be cast in a variety of shapes. Can fade, stain and discolor as well as crack, but lends an artsy, high-tech look.
Metropolitan Bath and Tile Designers are here to help you through the maze of selecting the perfect countertop matched to your usage and budget. Stop by one of our convenient showrooms in Maryland or Virginia. Browse our samples and our gorgeous bathroom displays and get started on your bathroom remodeling today. As always at MetroBath, the largest residential bathroom remodeler in the US, estimates are free.Just need a countertop? Metropolitan Bath and Tile specializes in bathroom remodeling and doesn’t sell individual countertops for purchase.